Job Description: Sale Director (HCMC based)
We seek a high-performing Sales Director who can meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Your role is to lead Vietnamese Food Lovers, City Pass Guide and #iAMHCMC (all referred to henceforth as “Organisation”) to be the leading English-language publishing and marketing event/agency for the food, travel and expatriate living sectors in Vietnam. Along the way, you drive market expansion for Vietnamese Food Lovers and its associated festivals, both nationally and internationally. You handle the planning and management of a majority of the Organisation’s sales and sales-related marketing activities, among other responsibilities. You direct the efforts of the sales teams in coordination with the marketing team, and coordinate at strategic levels with the other functions of the Organisation. You lead the development of sales materials, including media kits.
You plan and direct the Organisation’s sales strategy from a business, marketing and technical perspective. You manage a limited number of key accounts and you develop budgets and projections. Highly qualified in both recruitment and training, you lead and manage the sales team with 10+ representatives. You create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sales department and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. You have deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. You report to the CEO and you participate with the Board of Directors and other managerial staff to direct the Organisation, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its efficiency. Within the Organisation, the position has primary working relations with the CEO, the management team, marketing, distribution, production and IT departments. Outside the organisation, your position coordinates primarily with media, strategic partners and clients.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.Set up meetings with key decision makers and manage the BDMs’ schedules.
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets for your teams, brands and accounts.
- Determine annual unit and gross profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, and analysing trends and the end results.
- Maintain sales volumes, product mixes, and selling prices by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Manage, research and assess the strength of leads held in an extensive, worldwide database.
- Complete national operational sales requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, and evaluating work results.
- Build up and manage an effective customer relations department.
- Maintain national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintain national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Utilise the latest technology to automate online sales activities via our channels.
- Utilise technology (CRM, SM & email campaigns) to optimise sales systems and process.
- Understand category-specific markets and trends for agencies, travel and/or F&B sectors.
- Sell advertising/products/services to key accounts.
- Supervise the distribution team activities.
- Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to CEO.
- Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Digital Savvy, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, Staffing.
Education, skills & qualifications:
- Typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience in sales, advertising and/or account management for SMEs.
- Proven sales manager or sales director experiences.
- Proven ability to deliver on sales target and KPIs.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical, organizational, sales and social skills.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Proven ability to make use of digital marketing solutions to increase sales.
- Proven ability to use technology to facilitate and/or automate our sales systems.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, training, managing and evaluating personnel.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, Vietnamese a big plus.
- Typically requires 3+ years experience working in Vietnam.
- Strong network media, travel, event and/or F&B industry knowledge and engagement in Vietnam is valued.
- Transportation, a laptop computer and a mobile phone.
- Non-smoker preferably.
Reporting line: COO & CEO
Contract terms: Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a 1 hour and 15 minute lunch break, five days a week (Monday through Friday). Holidays: 12 days + national holidays
“As the most credible local content provider, we ensure a targeted reach through premium channels with a high return”
Innovo JSC is the mother company of Citypassguide.com and #iAMHCMC brands and a small integrated digital marketing and media agency that helps some small to medium organisations grow their business via amplifying their online and offline presence. We specialise in the travel and F&B industry sectors and we work with many of Vietnam’s leading brands choosing Innovo JSC as their marketing partner. Innovo JSC’s hedgehog concept is to be the most credible local content provider, and to ensure a targeted reach through our premium channels for a high return. Our team is a bunch (20) of multicultural, talented professionals with over 60 years of combined experience led by a management team with hands-on experience. Innovo JSC delivers stand-out marketing strategies and campaigns that achieve their objectives and maximise return on investment. www.innovo.vn
City Pass Guide is Vietnam’s leading guidebook publisher, we understand the market needs better than anyone else at a key moment in the transformation of Vietnam’s travel industry. Our experience allows us to develop complete solutions for key players looking to effectively reach their target demographics. With our competitive pricing and the strong performance of our packages, there are no comparable competitors in the marketplace. We are already Vietnam’s leading information provider for travellers and residents based in Vietnam. Our travel guides are available in print and online format. The HCMC Resident guidebook and the launched series of City Pass destination maps for Hanoi and Saigon lead the market as well. Our well-established #iAMHCMC Gazette is widely recognised for the quality of its concept, content and design. Our effective email marketing campaigns and large database is currently leading the market to reach middle-class to high-end English speaking Vietnamese and expatriates in HCMC. All this to be an essential resource of credible information for residents, expats and travellers from all over the world. www.citypassguide.com
Citypassguide.com strives to be Vietnam’s most credible information provider for premium travellers and #iAMHCMC does the same for Saigon’s residents. We take the best elements from East and West and we develop sincere, transparent and sustainable relationships. Valuing teamwork, attention to detail, honesty, courtesy, creativity and innovation, Citypassguide.com and #iAMHCMC aims to be inspiring Vietnamese brands with worldwide recognition for the quality of its integrated marketing products and services.
- Credible: our information is comprehensive, practical, valid, timely and as objective as possible.
- Customer focus: we aim to serve them well and to continuously add value to their businesses.
- Innovation: our goal is to constantly reinvent ourselves and the way we work.
- Leadership: our cutting-edge creative solutions combine quality, design and flair.
- Qualitative: our mission is to deliver effective solutions that are tested and proven.
- Passion: we want to develop insightful and fun content for our audiences.
- Transparent: our communication is open, honest, courteous and transparent.
Salary: 3000-4000 USD + commissions + benefits
Application please send resume to email email@example.com